Institut Mittag-Leffler is an international centre for research and postdoctoral training in mathematical sciences.
It was founded in 1916 by Professor Gö sta Mittag-Leffler and his wife Signe, who donated their magnificent villa, with its first-class library, for the purpose of creating the Institute that bears their name.
The Institute, the oldest Mathematics Research Institute in the world, operates under the auspices of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences but enjoys great autonomy.
The mission of Institut Mittag-Leffler is to support international top-level research in mathematics, with special attention to the development of mathematical research in Nordic countries.
It also has a responsibility to serve as a contact and link between mathematicians in the Nordic countries as well as the international research community.